Welcome to the City of Dayton Online Employment CenterATTENTION APPLICANTS!
FOR POLICE RECRUIT ONLY:
- Each applicant for the position of Police Recruit must complete the entire selection process in order to be selected for entry into the Police Academy.To download the selection process Information Packet which includes detailed information regarding the Physical Fitness Test, please click this link: Police Recruit Information Packet.
- All Police Recruit applicants must complete a Police Background Investigation Worksheet. You must bring the completed worksheet with you to the examination. To download the Background Investigation Worksheet, please click this link:Background Investigation Worksheet. Copies are also available at the Civil Service Office.
There are 5 steps to apply online. Click the links above to navigate through the application process.
- Job Openings - this link allows you to view current job openings and apply for jobs online.
- Register - to apply for a current job opening, you are required to register first. (*If you have already registered, click "Login" to apply for jobs or view the status of any existing job application.)
You only need to register one time. You must have a valid personal email address that you can check for login information. Free email accounts can be acquired from many websites, including www.yahoo.com and www.hotmail.com. After completing the online registration, you will immediately receive a confirmation email containing a temporary password.
- Login - click "Login" and use your email address and temporary password to access the Online Employment Center. Create and save a permanent password that you will use in the future.
- My Profile - Complete your "Profile" which includes: Personal Information, Education, Training and Work Experience. Once completed, this information will be included in every application you fill out, unless you change it.
- Submit Application - Under the Job Openings link, click "Apply Now" for each position for which you are applying. Review the Profile information, modify as needed, and click "Submit Application". You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received.
If you do not have access to a computer, you can use one of the Civil Service employment kiosk to apply. To locate the kiosk nearest you, click the Kiosk Locations link. Kiosk are also available at the Civil Service Board office from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Have questions? Please visit or call the Civil Service office (937) 333-2300, Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (EST). Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Dayton and Dayton Public Schools!
DATES & TIMES OF EXAMINATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H